Effective January 6, 2021
If you have any questions related to Data Subject Access Rights under GDPR or CCPA, you can contact us here.
Summary – Policy Overview
This Policy explains how we may Process your information. This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates.
- Ziff Davis
- IGN, IGN Canada, IGN UK, IGN Australia
- AskMen, AskMen Canada, AskMen UK, AskMen Australia
- PCMag, PCMag UK, PCMag Australia
- Credit Cards Explained
- Black Friday
- Best Black Friday
- Ookla, net, Speedtest Custom
- Toolbox.com, Inside CRM, Inside-Erp, IT Management, IT Security, VoIP-News
- emedia.com, emedia.co.uk
- Salesify, B2BSignals
- Revenu8, MarTechAdvisor, ReadITQuick, HRTechnologist
- Ziff Davis Data
- Best Gifts
- Deals of America
- The Black Friday
- PCMag Shop
- Offers Shop
- IGN Store
- IGN: Video Game News, Reviews, Guides
- IGN App For PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- IGN App For Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- IGN App For PlanetSide 2
- IGN: Video Game News, Reviews
- IGN App For GW2
- IGN App For Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- IGN App For Dead Space 3
- PC Magazine
- Deals of America
- The Black Friday
- What Categories of Information We May Process
Summary – Categories of Information We May Process
We may Process: your personal details (e.g., your name); demographic data (e.g., your age); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; purchase details; details of your employer (where relevant); information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
We may also Process information about you from your use of our Services (e.g., the type of device you are using, the internet service provider, etc.), including your interactions with content and advertising on the Services.
“Personal Information” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable.
“Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Personal details: your name; username or log in details; password; areas or topics of interest; and photograph (if you or another user posts a photo on the Service).
- Relationship Data: Relationship Data may help us understand who you are and what types of stores, products, and advertisements you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; the types of coupons and coupon websites that interest you; information collected from social media interactions; and demographic information, as set forth below.
- Demographic information: gender; age/date of birth; nationality; salutation; job title, company information, education, work experience and other professional information; and language preferences.
- Contact details: postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
- Transaction Information: information on how you interact with the Services, such as the coupons you view and redeem, the gift cards you purchase or sell via our Services, the cash back offers that you claim, including copies of receipts that you submit; financial information about you as needed to administer your participation in our rewards programs, including payment card number, expiration date, and CVN; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with our merchants, business partners, and service providers, including, in some cases, the items you purchase from those merchants.
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Location information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device (“Precise Location Data”). This may include your physical location and movements that allows us to periodically determine your geolocation, such as your location relative to nearby merchants or, your presence within a mall or store or your state/province, city, or neighborhood.
- Purchase and payment details: records of purchases and prices; invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; cardholder or accountholder name; payment amount; and payment date.
- Employer details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the contact information of your employer (including name, address, telephone number and email address) to the extent relevant.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms or in the Services, including on forums.
We also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, which we refer to as “Other Information” in this Policy, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Browsing history including the websites or other services you visited before and after interacting with the Services.
- Searches for and interactions with e-commerce opportunities, such as merchants and offers contained in the Services.
- Non-precise information about the approximate physical location (for example, at the city or zip code level) of a user’s computer or device derived from the IP address of such computer or device (“GeoIP Data”).
- Device identification (“ID”), which is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device, but is different than a hardware serial number.
- Advertising ID, which is a unique, user-resettable identification number for advertising associated with a device (e.g., iOS uses the Identifier for Advertising (or “IDFA”) and Android uses Google Advertising ID).
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is a unique string of numbers automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet.
- Access time
- Other unique identifier (e.g., Android advertising ID or Apple IDFA), domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model.
- Activities on our Services. For example, information collected by our Services via a mobile device may include the following: (i) the names of the other applications on your mobile device and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them (e.g., frequency and duration of use); (ii) if you use an Android-based mobile device, the URL addresses of the webpages you access; (iii) information about your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, and other similar information, but not phone number); (iv) information about your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content; and (v) the strength of signal, temperature, battery level, and unique identifier of a nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacon. Internet connection means, such as internet service provider (“ISP”), mobile operator, WiFi connection, service set identifier (“SSID”), International Mobile Subscriber Identity (“IMSI”) and International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”).
- Device type, settings and software used.
- Log files, which may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps and/or clickstream data, including any clicks on customized links.
- Web Beacons, which are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
- Pixel Tags, also known as clear GIFs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, which are a method for passing information from the user’s computer to a third party website.
- Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5.
- Mobile analytics to understand the functionality of our mobile applications and software on your phone.
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as “User Information”.
- Sensitive Personal Information
Summary – Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Information. Where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Information for a legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law. The Services are not intended for use by children.
We do not collect or otherwise Process Personal Information about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR (collectively, “Sensitive Personal Information”) in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to Process Sensitive Personal Information under GDPR, we would rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- Detection and prevention of crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Information.
Children. The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any Personal Information or use our public discussion areas, forums or chats. Minors under the age of 18 are not permitted, without explicit parental consent, to make purchases through the Services or obtaining coupons or codes from the Services to purchase goods or services on third party websites. If, notwithstanding these prohibitions, your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, consequences may occur that are not intended for children (for example, they may receive unsolicited messages from other parties). If it is discovered that we have collected Personal Information from someone under 13, we will delete that information immediately.
- How We Collect or Create Information
Summary – Collection and Creation of Information
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you download, install, or use any of our Services; when you visit our Services; when you register to use any part of the Services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social network sites). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. Ziff Davis is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Services. This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to Ziff Davis.
Collection of User Information: We may collect User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Information when you provide it to us across our Services (e.g., where you sign up for emails, newsletters, bulletins, webinars or white papers; register for site membership or create a profile or account on any part of the Services; enter a sweepstakes, contest, competition or prize draw; receive promotional information by SMS text message; participate in surveys; perform search queries through the Services; contact us via email, telephone or by any other means; purchase a subscription, software license or product; or when you provide us with your business card, etc.). For example, we may track the coupons you view, submit or redeem via a desktop computer, the gift cards that you purchase from us via your mobile device, and the comments you make to the forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on or through the Services from time to time.
- Relationship Data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you purchase a service from us).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you clearly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us) or through our chats, forums or communities on the Services. Our Services contain communities and other areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others (such as via discussion boards or blogs), review coupons, products and merchants, and submit media content. For example, if you post your email address along with a comment explaining how to redeem a particular coupon, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We are not able to control the use by third parties of Personal Information you post to public areas of the Services. Please avoid publicly posting Personal Information.
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, download, use or register to use any part of our Service.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services or Channels, we may receive User Information about you from the relevant third party.
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information from third parties who provide it to us. This may include offline channels such as through telephone or direct mail efforts; from customers, vendors, suppliers, third parties, commercially available or publicly-available sources (e.g., data brokers, data aggregators, public databases, etc.); third party affiliate network operators; referral sources; social network sites or services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). If you use a third party connection or log-in (e.g., Facebook Connect, Twitter, or Google+) to access the Services, create a membership or profile on any part of the Services, access our content or forward our content to another person, platform or service, we may also receive your username or email address for those third party services or other information available about you or collected from you on those services. If you use one of our browser extensions, we may track whether you interact with certain merchants and coupon websites, as well as information relating to those interactions such as when and how frequently you interact.
Please note that Ziff Davis is not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in the discussions in certain public areas of the Services, such as forums, blogs, wikis, chat rooms, private messages, message boards or other publicly accessible interaction, or information that you choose to make public in your member profile or other areas of the Services that allow users to upload or post content. We discourage users from posting such Personal Information in this fashion. You can change your publicly available information at any time via your profile page. To request removal of your Personal Information from these areas, please contact us here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know we are unable to do so and why.
Creation of User Information. We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your purchase history, for internal administrative purposes and analysis. We may also combine data you have provided to us with data obtained from third parties such as social networks and other data collection entities.
Mobile Device Information: If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device's settings allow it, we may collect Personal Information from your mobile device. For example, if you have permitted your mobile device to transmit Location Data, we may collect your geolocation and time of day. In addition, if you have also enabled Bluetooth® functionality on your mobile device, our Services may determine your presence and duration within a location, such as a mall or store, based on the detection of signals from nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacons. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into one of the Services. In some cases, for example, we may use your IP address to estimate your general location even if you have not logged in or enabled location tracking on your mobile device.